Linggo, Nobyembre 5, 2017

Short Story

The mend of the heart

I’m Aliyah Go 22 years old only daughter of Mr. Alliandro and Mrs. Annika Go. My family’s name has spread popularity all over the business world being the top seller of furniture and antiques. Being the only daughter of our family, I must do my best to make my family proud and honor the name of my father, my childhood are very far from a common children do, some says that I’m blessed to treat like a princess but the truth is I’m longing to felt what an ordinary kid feels like I’m being free, don’t care even I swim in the mud, I want to experience how food mess up to my face. I tried it once to be a normal kid I scape the mansion and run to the nearest playground of our street to play and to be free, I roll over the green grass jump over the place play with the kids around me, we play together to the mud and play and I don’t even care if my dress is dirty. Afternoon in that day, the winds start to blow holder the clouds begin to gray, and the raindrops start to drops in my cheeks as I held up my head.
 And it’s started to rain very hard, and all my play mates started to run together with their parents and go home, I want to go home in our mansion but I’m so scared that time if my mom caught me that i scape in our mansion, so all I did is to hide under the big cherry blossom tree, for me not to get wet. When I sit under the tree my head begun to ache and felt chest pain and vision begun to blur and before I collapse the last thing remember my mom shouting for help running towards me. After that day, I was awakened by the light and I noticed the room is all white and then I knew I was hospitalized. My mom and dad enter the room with a sad face and immediately hug me tight, and I was shocked with their approach because my mom and dad don’t act that way and my mom starts to cry very hard to the point that she can’t almost speak because of her sobbed, I’m so clueless that’s way I asked them a question,
“Mom stop crying you making me feel sick, looked at me I’m fine.”
“No you’re not I know you’re not okay I told you before you should not go outside the mansion but you dis-obey me and looked what you’ve got yourself into you almost die.”
“Sorry mom for dis-obeying you and dad I was just jealous to the children playing under sun, I’m okay mom it’s only a flue I think.”
 That a silence covered the room and all I heard is the beep of the heart rate machine. Doctor and the two nurses inter the room and the doctor give an envelope to my parents and my mom close her eyes and take a deep breath and I asked her what it is all about
“Aliyah my darling”
“Yes mom”
 “we have something to tell you just stay still, you have a heart diseased”. The last word that my mom said echoed in my ears.
“YOU HAVE HEART DISEASED”
“YOU HAVE HEART DISEASED”
“YOU HAVE HEART DISEASED”
“YOU HAVE HEART DISEASED” and it drives me crazy up until now.
PRESENT
Its June and my cousin starting to go to school and it so sad that no one with my same age accompanied me we never I feel alone because mom and dad gone for almost months for a business trip and I understand them because I know they’re doing this for the sake of my health. Its kind the weird here in Boston because of the weather, im not really use to it because we only get migrated a month ago because the hospital decided that they can’t guaranty the medicine to keep me alive so they transfer me here in Boston university hospital, because this is the only hospital who have a complete equipment. The nurses and other doctors are very heart whelming just like Filipinos. My first doctor, Dr. Rose have been moved to other patient which also have a heart disease, and then I’m passed with another doctor again which is Dr. felicity, but she’s shift to another department and this morning I’m waiting for my final doctor. As I was sitting on my hospital bed, a knock caught my attention and I said “come in”. a nurse greeted me.
“Good morning Ms. Go, how are you feeling?” and I answer.
“I’m fine, I felt little bit chest pain but I’m good” I said.
“Good to hear it. This morning I will introduced you to your new doctor, meet Dr. Clyde Morgan”
 I saw a tall handsome man wearing an eye glass with a doctor dress which makes him more handsome, did I say that? I didn’t notice that he’s beside me already. He held his hand to have a shake and to know each other personally.
“Hi, I’m Dr. Clyde from now on I’ll take the responsibility to do my best cure your diseased and be a good patient” and he smile.
I don’t know why but my heart stumble a beat and my cheeks start to blush, and all I can answer is to nod. The day after our first meeting, I and Dr. Clyde have a schedule for my heart therapy. At exactly 8 am, after I eat my breakfast Dr. Clyde enters the room and we’re ready to start the therapy.
“Are you ready?” Dr. Clyde asks.
“Oh yes doc. I’m born to be ready” and I give a smile.
“Ok then let’s start” he sit beside me in my hospital bed.
“In our first therapy, I will ask about your personal life and its ok for me if you ask me to make the conversation longer. It’s good to your heart you know.” Then I laugh.
“Are you sure?” and he also laugh.
“Of course, it’s also part of the therapy” I laugh again.
“Then let’s get started doc.”
“Ok first, what place do you want to go?”
“I traveled many places but I didn’t enjoy it because my parents wont let me because of my situation.”
“I understand. Next question, what gift that you received so far is your favorite?”
“Well,  none so far because I’m waiting  for the very, very, very special gift and you’re the only one who can give it, a healthy heart.”
“Well in that issue,  I assure you can received it soonest.” Then he smiled.
“thank you doc.” then I give a smile back
“don’t call me doctor. We’re just in the same age you can all me Clyde.”
“It’s my turn to ask, have you fallen in love?” he seemed shock.
“Did I said something wrong? Did I offend you? If you’re not comfortable to answer my question, it’s ok”
“No, no, it’s ok, I have a girlfriend her name is Grace, she has the same situation as yours...”
“Then what happened?” “let me finish first”
“Oppss, sorry”
“It’s her 21 birthday, we celebrated it with joy that we don’t want it to end but sad to say when we left her to her bedroom to take rest she called me.  I was alarmed to her call then I ran to her room as fast as I can and I touch her face  and it was called when I looked down to her lips it was pale and it was violet. We ran her immediately to the emergency room and check her vitals. I was her personal doctor that time and I want to take the responsibility to operate her even though I didn’t follow the rule of being a doctor that I should not take the operation because I have a connection to the patient.”
“Then what happen to her?”
“She died, I didn’t save her.” I felt sad about what I heard.
“I’m sorry to hear that”
“It’s ok. Let’s end the day, see you in our next schedule” “ok doc. Thanks for the session.” Next day, I’m expecting Dr. Clyde to be with me in my schedule today but I’m surprise that it’s only a nurse,
“Ma’am I’m the one who will accompany you today because Dr. Clyde has an emergency to attend because he really need there.”
 “ok” I only answer.
 I felt little disappointed, I’m just expecting to see his face today. Wait, did I say to see his face? Oh my god I think I’m crazy. I’ve done everything but I didn’t see him, well my day is kind a sad. It’s already 8 in the evening and I’m watching TV because I can’t sleep when suddenly I heard a knock. I thought it’s was only a nurse so I just answer “come in”.
“Hi there, how are you?” I’m stiffened, I know that voice then I look at him.
“Dr. Clyde, what are you doing here?”
“Did I say that don’t call me doctor just call me Clyde”
“I’m sorry I forgot, Cl-Clyde what are you doing here”
 “I’m just checking on you. How was your day?”
“well, my day was good” sorry I’m not with you today.”
“It’s ok, why are you explaining I know your busy because that is your job and I’m not the only patient here.” Then I give a smile
 “Well I think you need rest, why you’re still awake?” he said
 “I can’t sleep so I just watch TV.”
 “Is that so, can I stay here for a while?”
 “Uhhhmmm maybe yes?” then I laugh shyly.
“So what did you do today”
“I just take my daily medicine and we don’t have therapy today they jut scan me about my heart.”
 Then our conversation went well then we didn’t notice it’s too late because we enjoy each company. The day passes by and every day we take our everyday schedule. Now he’s adjusting my schedule to fit in his schedule because he reasons out that he must be the one who’s with me. The day passes so fast and we become closer every day. Every early in the morning he come first to my room and greet me good morning before he will go to his other patient. When his break he come again to my room and spend here time to talk to me and end up nurses teasing us. Now I felt not alone, I felt that this hospital is not boring as it is before. Tomorrow will be my birthday but I’m alone, my mom and dad can’t go with me because they are busy with their business. The night before my birthday, there’s no any sign of him, maybe I’m expecting too much and maybe I’m just his ordinary patient and he is only my ordinary doctor. I’m thinking too much and I didn’t notice that I fell asleep. Exactly 12 in the midnight, I heard a murmur outside my room. I can’t understand what they are talking about and few minutes they become silent. 3 nurses entered the room, the two nurses bring some balloons and foods-foods that were good to me- and another nurse entered bring a cake. All I think it was all my parents plan because they can’t attend in my birthday but I was wrong because Clyde enters the room with a teddy bear and a bouquet of red rose. He slowly walks towards me and he hug me tight and say happy birthday. I can’t believe he would do this. After we eat with the other nurses they left the room leaving us two Dr. Clyde and I. they give some gifts and  greeted me a happy birthday . The room was very silent, I want to start a conversation but it’s very awkward. The silence was broke when Clyde asks me.
“are you surprised?”
“yes, of course it’s my first time to be surprised by other people except my parents. Thank by the way. How did you know it’s my birthday?”
 “I’m your doctor, I know everything about you.”
“You don’t know everything”
 “Like what?”
 “The first time I felt love.”
 “And who is the lucky guy?” Clyde ask me.
 “I told you, you don’t know everything.” I said in a mysterious tone. A moment of silence
 “Have you ever wondered why I prepare this party for you?” Clyde said.
“Yeah, I was thinking about it.” I said.
“its because the first time I saw you I have this feeling that I want to take care of you. The time that you first came here in this hospital and shifted to another doctor I immediately took the opportunity when they ask me to handle your case. Honestly, I like you for a year now, and if you let me to take care of you forever, can you give me chance form to prove my love for you.” Clyde said.
 After I heard that shocking confession of Clyde, I don’t know what to answer.
 “Are you trying to kill me right know?” I said almost shouting.
” what did I do?” he ask
“You make my heart beat fast. I’m scared to death you know” I said crying.
 Then he laugh and start to hug me and that night end up with a kiss, my first kiss. Months have passed by the process of healing my heart is in good hands and maybe if improve in healing my own heart, I don’t need a heart transplant. Sometimes my parents visit me and they already know what is my relationship with Clyde. We visit grace in the cemetery and I know Grace is happy right know where ever she is because she can see from above that Clyde is now happy ad I will make him more happier.
THE END

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Balak

"Ga mahal" Wala ko gihandom nga ekaw makit-an ug higugmaun ko pa Kay mag amigo raman ta atong mga panahona. Apan kining dughan ...